Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 19th

It's very interesting to look back at some of the writing that I've done. Some of it, I can read and not cringe with embarassment, but some I read a few lines and I regret ever posting. Perhaps it's some kind of therapy to do so anyway. The writing I can't stand are the ones where I stuff every last bit of imagery into the poem to the point where it makes no sense. The one I did last night felt quite forced and without direction, mainly because I was at work while I was doing it, but also I had no theme or guidance. When I feel I've written something worthwhile, its after I've had a phrase or certain words come to mind. When I do that, the writing come very easily, and nothing is forced. It only takes a hint of some theme or direction to come up with something good - even a title helps sometimes, although I feel better when I can weave a line in the middle of it all...anyway, here's hoping I think of more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment