Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jan. 11th

It's hard to believe that this Thursday the 13th would have been my daughter's (Alora Jean Marshall)16th birthday. It's really difficult to think about, and in fact I have been engaging in heavy doses of self-medication in an attempt to overcome those melancholy feelings. I realize that she does not want me to do these things, but for now it is what it is. Since she died almost 4 years ago, every year has become just a little bit easier to live overall, but on these anniversaries it still hasn't gotten that way. One problem that I run into quite frequently is that most people have no idea how it feels to lose a young child (which is a good thing) and whenever I mention something about it, most also have no idea what to say, and I find that I am the one comforting them instead of vice-versa. I will keep on moving, and I will celebrate her birthday, as I have done and always will do - but I am ready for this anniversary to be over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment