Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sinewy Burnouts (Writer's Block)

Wrenching playing hatred upon the masses
the ghouls and dragons of the mind melting
the one pure thing I had left
grinding my bones into dust
flaying the sacred places of the heart
pounding my way through the glass
windows my brain on fire
can't begin to stop the goddamned music
the same fucking tune played out over and over
again like a stitch in time
like needles in a haystack piercing every finger
every and staining the walls with pleasure
streaking across my vision the lies of everyone
I've ever known, the pain of those I've hurt
senseless anger breaking the dam
and I can't write a fucking thing about it
I can't give birth to the stars
and every frustration is kept there
locked away in a shitty cabinet
locked down in the embers of memory
disparate thoughts chained against the soul
holding me back from the flow
the river of heart
the lake of the mind
change me into ash on the wind
wretched stillness
spent now fallen on the horizon
these words spit out like mothers milk
I know that love will sometimes
change.

1 comment:

  1. revealing of that inability to change what is changing!

    ReplyDelete