Monday, October 3, 2011

Oct. 3rd

I got a little chuckle this morning when I was perusing the talk threads on Yelp. It's been just about a year since the end of my 3 year relationship with a certain someone, and this person is still obviously quite bitter about how it ended I guess.

What posseses her to do that? - She has a good man in her life, and by all accounts they are quite happy together. Despite this, she continues to make little jabs and references about me in public forums. I didn't even end the relationship - she did - so why all the hostility?

I realize that I'm pretty much an asshole when it comes to relationships; lord knows I've made mistakes, and will likely to continue making mistakes since I'm dreadfully slow on the uptake. But one thing I will never be is bitter. I want people to be happy!

This isn't the first time I've addressed this issue, I know, I know, but it seems to me that people ought to appreciate what they've got, and not let the past run their lives so much. In other words: grow up! Or don't, and remain a bitter and angry person. I'll choose the former, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment